Do you know that elevating your legs when sleeping is super healthy? Well, today I’ll be talking about the best leg elevation pillow you can buy for the comfort and betterment of your leg muscles and body in general.
For most people, there are three ideal sleep positions – laying on the back, stomach, or sides. Every one of these sleep positions involves lying flat.
No part of the human body is elevated, except for the head if propped with a comfortable pillow.
But only a few people know that lying supine or on your stomach or side can bring about some severe health problems. When you elevate your legs during sleep, it can help with the following conditions:
- Eliminate blood circulation problems and prevent related complications
- Alleviate edema, that is, the swelling of the legs
- Facilitate the recovery from leg injuries
- Relieve neck and back pain
These benefits alone should be enough to make you think again about elevating your legs during sleep. There are four (4) different ways of propping up your legs at night.
The most effective involves the use of a leg elevation pillow.
Placing pillows under your knees in bed is the most basic and efficient way of elevating your legs. Rudimentary, isn’t it? True, but it gets the job done.
Making use of a pillow under your knees when you’re in bed helps to significantly improve circulation just as much as if you use specialist equipment.
In the next few paragraphs, you will come across five (5) of the best leg elevation pillows you can purchase and use to improve your health.
Best Leg Elevation Pillow on the Market 2020
Rather than walking into Walmart looking for a leg elevation pillow, I’ve compiled some of the best leg elevation pillows you can find online (specifically Amazon for ease of delivery).
These pillows are best suited for your every need from post-surgery to swelling.
The Abco Tech Elevating Leg Rest Memory Foam Pillow is an 8-inch; wedge-type pillow built using high-quality and durable memory foam.
It comes with a washable cover and is exclusively designed to help alleviate hip pain, lower back pain, and knee pain. It may not look like a conventional pillow; nonetheless, it is ideal for relaxing, reading, meditating, and sleeping.
The Abco Tech Elevating Leg Rest Memory Foam Pillow is a large cushion with room for both legs. When used daily, it will help reduce leg pain, phlebitis, restless leg syndrome, and varicose.
- Perfect leg rest pillow
- Comes with washable cover
- It has room enough for two legs
- Constructed with memory foam
- Helps in reducing swelling and pain
- Minimizes strain on the hips and back
- Ideal for breastfeeding moms and pregnant mothers
Abco Tech Elevating Leg Rest Memory Foam Pillow is easy to use and comfortable enough to ease the pain.
So, if you are suffering from leg cramps, swelling, or pain, you should try this leg elevation pillow. It is also suitable for use by pregnant women and overall sleep improvement.
Do you need a leg elevation pillow that will help to do away with pressure on your lower lumbar region and pain in your legs? Hermell Zero Gravity Elevating Leg Rest Pillow is the best option for you.
Hermell Zero Gravity Elevating Leg Rest Pillow offers ultimate support, thanks to its expertly designed wedge shape. It is constructed of dense polyurethane foam, which never sinks or loses shape when used over time.
This pillow has a wide platform that measured just a bit over 22 inches, which is more than enough to accommodate both legs without undue stress. Its shape also does not take up too much space on even smaller mattresses.
In addition to eliminating lower back and hip discomfort, Hermell Zero Gravity Elevating Leg Rest Pillow is the perfect choice for alleviating phlebitis, varicose veins, and sciatic nerve pain.
Its removable, machine-washable cotton blend pillow cover provides a quick and easy way to ensure the Hermell elevated pillow remains clean and sanitary.
This is a trusted product from the stable of Hermell Products, a brand that has been designing and manufacturing lifestyle and health products for almost 50 years.
- Great relief from edema
- Extremely helpful after foot surgery
- Provides zero-gravity support
- Helps to maintain the spine and natural alignment of the coccyx
- Highly durable
- Helps in relieving leg pain, sciatica pain, back pain, restless leg syndrome, phlebitis, and varicose veins
- Easy to clean, thanks to its removable, machine washable cotton blend pillow cover
- A perfect partner for back sleepers
- Dense polyurethane foam construction retains its original shape over time
- Wide platform design accommodates both legs
- A few users complain that the texture of the product is dry, rough, and cheap.
- Some users state that the product could be wider
- Cotton covering included with the product did not fit as snugly as expected according to users
The versatile support wedge of Hermell Zero Gravity Elevating Leg Rest Pillow is an excellent choice following leg injuries, hip or knee operations, and gently correction of sleep postures.
DMI Ortho Bed Wedge Elevated Leg Pillow is crafted from high-density, high-quality support, and responsive foam that elevates the legs at a therapeutic incline of 50 degrees. It is specifically designed to boost circulation to the lungs and heart, relieve varicose veins, and minimize symptoms related to restless leg syndrome.
DMI Ortho Bed Wedge Elevated Leg Pillow has an extra-wide platform that is about 20 inches wide, which helps secure it in place. When used effectively, it will help with alleviating pressure on the spinal cord. Research has shown that the spinal cord, when dis-aligned, contributes to symptoms of leg pain.
This elevated pillow offers firm support and always retains the shape required to keep your legs properly elevated all the time.
If you are also recovering from knee or back surgery, there is no better leg elevation pillow than the Ortho Bed Wedge Pillow.
- Works great for swollen legs
- Dimensions permit use for both legs
- Foam is firm enough to hold the legs in an elevated position but sufficient to enhance comfort
- Zip cover makes it practical to maintain an excellent level of hygiene
- Helps in alleviating varicose veins and prevention of acid reflux
- Some users complain the foam is a bit too hard
DMI Ortho Bed Wedge Elevated Pillow’s extra-wide platform base and responsive, high-density support are a must-have for any health issues associated with your legs, herniated discs, or varicose veins.
InteVision Ortho Bed Wedge Pillow is fully-responsive, contoured support memory foam that offers the breathable comfort of Egyptian cotton.
This pillow elevates the legs at an angle of 45 degrees because it is crafted with a wide, slanted support base to achieve optimal hip and leg placement.
The pillow helps to relieve symptoms linked with spinal stenosis, sciatica, herniated discs, and lymphedema.
InteVision Ortho Bed Wedge Pillow employs a dense, polyurethane core alongside a body-conforming memory foam layer.
It is designed that way in order to achieve what is known as ‘zero-gravity’ alignment, which contributes to minimizing back and leg pain by getting rid of undue strain on the spinal column.
Moreover, this support wedge pillow is also useful for a post-surgical recovery period as it promotes faster healing.
- Works great for lower back problems
- Excellent quality and well made
- The dense foam helps in retaining its shape incredibly well
- Some users claim the foam is too firm despite use for several months
- No memory foam, just foam
There is no doubt that the InteVison Ortho Bed Wedge Pillow is the go-to leg elevation pillow for anyone who needs complete relief from the pain associated with spinal stenosis, herniated disks, knee operations, and sciatica.
If you are looking for the best leg elevation pillow for relieving swelling, Xtra-Comfort Leg Rest Pillow is your best option. It is made from CertiPUR certified memory foam.
It features a wide platform base that allows easy accommodation of both legs. The responsive leg elevation pillow is designed to relieve edema, swelling efficiently, and facilitates recovery time with its therapeutic 45-degree incline.
Xtra-Comfort Leg Rest Pillow comes encased in a non-slip machine washable cover. This is a leg elevation pillow to use when removing pressure from the lower spine.
All you need to do is to align your hips, legs, and back gently. The pillow offers firm support and never loses its shape over time.
Xtra-Comfort Leg Rest Pillow offers cooling comfort that easily molds smoothly to the human body’s natural curves. It is equipped with a gel-infused memory foam surface layer.
This makes the leg elevation pillow ideal for aiding the reduction of swelling as well as for regulating heat.
- Offers great comfort while elevating legs
- High-density core with a gel-infused CertiPUR certified memory foam layer with a breathable non-slip cover
- Provides exceptional comfort for people with lower back pain
- Good size as well as firm support
- Alleviates lower lumbar pain
- Relieves swelling following leg and knee surgery
- Backed by a 60-day guarantee
- It comes with a wide platform base designed to accommodate both legs
- Easily elevates both legs at a 45-degree incline, thereby aligning hips and lower back in order to alleviate fatigue, soreness, and swelling
- Some users complain its base is not wide enough
- It may not be too good for normal-sized people
The bottom line is that Xtra-Comfort Leg Rest Pillow effectively relieves aching and sore muscles with the cooling memory foam. This high-density leg pillow also relieves knee and lower back pain even as it promotes a healthy sleep posture.
What to Consider When Choosing the Best Leg Elevation Pillow
Narrowing down the best leg elevation pillows can be pretty challenging. However, here are some of the primary factors taken into consideration:
Leg elevation pillows serve several functions, and these were considered when selecting the best options shared in this review guide. By now, you may have discovered that some of these options are exclusively designed to maintain low-body alignment while sleeping on your side as well as to sustain a healthy spine.
These leg elevation pillows elevate one or both legs while sleeping or relaxing after a surgery or injury. In other words, there is a leg elevation pillow for every desired function outlined on this list.
Leg elevation pillows vary in terms of height, length, and width. Most of the good ones measure 20 inches long and 20 inches wide.
These are the measurements used for regular pillows for cushioning the head, neck, shoulders, and lower back. When used at the foot of your bed, the pillows will support your feet, calves, and knees.
Smaller pillows are ideal for smaller mattresses such as Full and Twin sizes, while larger options are more suitable for King- and Queen-sized beds.
When it comes to the best leg elevation pillows, the materials used in constructing them should readily achieve two things:
- They must be soft enough to sustain comfort while the pillow is still in use
- They must be durable enough to hold up to long-term use effectively
These are the primary reasons the following prioritized options are considered:
- Body-contouring memory foam
- High-density, durable foams
- Soft covers that protect against chafing of the skin
Since leg elevation pillows are likely to be used on your bed, it is highly essential, therefore, to keep them clean. And that is why most of the options shared in this review are easy to clean at home via machine-washable and removable covers.
The right leg elevation pillow will make you feel good, whether by elevating a post-surgery or injured limb or maintaining healthy spinal alignment, alleviating hip or knee pain. The primary goal is to cut down on pain to ensure overall comfort.
So, no matter whether you need a leg elevation pillow for the long haul or short-term use, there is an option for everyone on this carefully researched list.
Moreover, most of the best leg elevation pillows on this list are readily affordable and would not put too much of a dent on your wallet.
The features available in each leg elevation pillow are usually different. This is why it is highly essential to fully understand both the size and features of the available options and then compare the same in order to settle for the most suitable one.
Focus on comfort, features, and size, which are the top three factors to be considered. Having these in mind will enable you to make the right choice of a leg elevation pillow that meets your needs.